One of the biggest concerns of dealing with a PDF file is the large file size. There is nothing worse than an email stuck in your outbox because of a large PDF attachment. As already known that a lot of users using PDF files are struggling with the size of scanned PDFs, to overcome their size.
So here in this blog we will let you know how we can reduce our PDF files with Free PDF Scanner apps and save the memory of your device. But before explaining how to reduce the size of scanned documents in detail, we would like to discuss the main factors that can affect the size of scanned files.
- Scanning Resolution
- Subset Your Fonts
- Physical dimensions of the scanned page
- Color and grayscale files
- Remove Unnecessary Frills
And many more..
PDF files can be excessively large. Fortunately, there are many easy-to-use programs that can chop an oversized PDF down to something easier to email and share online.
So ideally, we need to control all of the above factors ourselves by scanning at 300 dpi, black and white and using an algorithm with efficient compression that are available in Best PDF Creator app. We have to fix color, dimensions and screen resolutions before saving the Files.
Below are tips for reducing the file size for most common types of documents you may scan and upload. To learn how to scan and create PDF files, click here: Top DSC Scanner in playstore.
- Compression reduces a file size, creating a smaller file that is faster to transmit and smaller to store. PDF files can be fairly compact because they use a very elegant data structure and support efficient compression algorithms. This article further explains these two types of compression. Lossless which is used for documents containing text, as its algorithm creates reference points for textual patterns. Lossy which is mainly for images and graphics, as it reduces file size by eliminating bits of information.
- Use OCR to create searchable PDF documents: In addition to reducing file size, converting scanned documents into PDF gives you another major benefit: searchable text.
- Choosing The Right Colour Space: You may have heard of RGB and CMYK colour spaces before. Each one has different methods of handling colour. In general, CMYK is ideal for print purposes, while RGB caters to on screen viewing.
The above is only the start of what you can do with your PDFs. From reading the text within images and scanning files for malware, to converting PDFs to other formats and unlocking password protected PDFs, you can find the perfect PDF tool to help you here: Doc Scanner apps on playstore.